The Embassy of the Republic of Benin to Japan is recruiting a full-time Cook for the Residence of Benin in Tokyo.
Under the supervision of the Butler/Chef of the Residence, the cook will be required to:
- Deliver first-class culinary experience to both internal and external guests of the Residence;
- Conceptualise and cook meals in accordance with the Residence procedures, rules and regulations;
- Create and implement new menus;
- Cook all meals within the Residence as requested: breakfasts, lunches, dinners, buffets, cocktails and others;
- Ensure cleanliness of the kitchen utensils and all equipment;
- Welcome visitors and provide superior service in accordance with the Residence’s procedures and diplomatic rules;
- Assist as required on-site and off-site events the Residence may take part in.
PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Hold a Culinary Degree or have solid experience in cooking and hospitality;
- Have impeccable hygiene and appearance;
- Be courteous and have good communication skills;
- Be fluent in English and Japanese. Fluency in French would be an asset;
- No criminal record and hold a valid Residence Permit;
- Be able to work under pressure, go the extra mile and flexible enough to work sometimes beyond the regular hours (Evening and Weekends depending on receptions at the Residence); and
- Must be available immediately.
CONDITIONS AND TYPE OF CONTRACT
- Working place: Residence of the Ambassador;
- Trial period: Three (03) months;
- Duration of the contract: full time until the end of the Ambassador’s mission;
- Have a thirty (30) days leave per year;
- Other negotiable conditions.
- Cover letter with salary expectation;
- Resume in English;
- Two (02) ID photos ;
- Copy of ID documents and Residence Permit if any;
- All other relevant documents.
The complete application file must be submitted by the Applicant to the Administrative Secretariat of the Embassy of Benin in Tokyo, located at SI Bldg 8F, 11-14, Kasuga 1-Chome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112 – 0003, Japan, Tel: +81-3- 6268-9360, by Friday, February 7, 2020.